Digital Media & Graphic Design Artist
Graphic design artist with a versatile background in digital media, journalism, photography, video, traditional and mixed media art, marketing and advertising.
Creative experience in:
- Copywriting, Marketing and Branding
- PPC Search Advertising and Display Advertising
- Website, Email and Branding
- Photography and Photo Editing
- Design (Digital, Video, Events, Email, Website, Social Media, Promotional)
- Videos (Production and Editing)
- Social Media Content Creation and Management
- Classical Oil Painting
- Drawing (Graphite and Charcoal)
- Mixed Media (Acrylic, Inks, Spray Paint, Collage and Oil)
I am highly trained in the areas of User Experience Optimization and Search Engine Marketing and Optimization. I’ve spent 4000+ hours immersing myself in my role as a Google AdWords Account Strategist, in order to become an efficient and relevant User-Centric Digital Marketer and Strategy Consultant. Reviewing over 100+ accounts, in addition to website and campaign strategies daily for over 2 years gives me the experience necessary to identify overlooked areas and opportunities that can improve profitability of marketing efforts. Not to mention, with 7+ years of multimedia production experience under my belt, I can access graphic design, photography, videography, film, audio and journalism knowledge when developing marketing strategies to reach users through search, content, social, email and paid advertising.
I personally strive for quality over quantity, efficiency over speed and impact over numbers, ensuring that the clients and teams I partner with focus on long-term success rather than short-term wins.
AGENCY RECOMMENDATIONS FROM PAID ADVERTISING CONSULTING
Frank Salvatore, Founder of FlexLeads says
Working with Duyen was fantastic. Duyen provided great insights and was extremely responsive. She was extremely knowledgeable and understood what I was trying to achieve. Good listener and strived to understand.
She routinely pointed out some things that I was aware of – and many that I wasn’t. For example, I’ve been aware of page speed as being important, and she really drove this point home as it can have an effect on landing page relevance, QS, and click cost. As a result, this finally spurred me into action and I did an overhaul of my 50+ lead generation sites. This resulted in a reduction of load time from around 3 seconds to just under a second for most of my leadgen sites. As a result I’m seeing an above average landing page score for many of my keywords and higher conversions on mobile. There are so many things that I need to get around to, but Duyen can certainly help prioritize that task list.
Duyen is the best and most involved strategist I’ve worked with so far.
Mary Wang, VP of Client Success & Training at Noah Digital Inc. Says
Duyen is very professional and knowledgeable. She helped us further fine-tune and optimize the performance of the AdWords account we work on. She is good at following up.
Andy Kennedy, SEM & SEO Expert at ClickMonster says
Duyen is excellent, A+. Every time I get off the phone with Duyen, I have an exciting new strategy or tactic to try on my campaigns. I have learned a lot of valuable information from her advice.
The advice I have received from Duyen over time has made an enormous impact on the success of my clients’ campaigns. She was able to help me better understand once foreign topics like Audience Remarketing using Target and Bid vs Bid Only, Target CPA bidding, which was once intimidating and uncertain but is now a driving force behind optimizing accounts, and general best practices such as keyword strategy or structure/hierarchy.
Various Paid Media Managers answer: What was it like working with Duyen?
She has been the best strategist we have ever worked with.
Duyen is always providing us with great insights and solutions. Duyen helped us find demonstrable examples and ways of presenting prospective-changes to accounts when the clients were not on board, even though the changes were beneficial. Having the extra info helped us get the Clients to understand and they jumped on board. Helping us help them and improving the accounts.
Our time working together was fairly brief, but Duyen was responsive, helpful and seemed like a good person who wanted my clients to succeed. The biggest impact was helping with all of the holes in my accounts, like getting prepared for ad format changes, taking advantage of new/missing extensions, etc.
Duyen was always super helpful and proactive in helping me optimize our campaigns! Duyen not only helped with finding relevant solutions but made sure we understood the importance/effect it would have. Duyen really helped us to optimize our Google AdWords accounts and always was quick with advice and responding with tips. The campaign she built for us for has been performing great and she’s been awesome in checking back in to help us manage it going forward. She also helped review another campaign we launched and helped us to optimize it!
Would you ever recommend Duyen to others? Why?
Absolutely, because of her knowledge, great advice and attentiveness.
Duyen was awesome! Though she was the first account strategist I have worked with personally, she has set a high standard.
Google AdWords assigned by TTEC Tempe, AZ
Search Engine Marketing, Sales & Business Consulting 03/2016 – 05/2018
Sr. Google AdWords Account Strategist & Data Analyst
What I Provided:
- Advised 60 small to medium-sized agencies quarterly in order to increase ROI on existing client accounts and help bring on new clients through: thorough account audits, ongoing account optimizations, strategic planning high-value proposals, training and presentations designed to drive new business acquisitions
- As part of the Google Marketing Solutions team of strategists and analysts. I collaborated closely with other advisers and support specialists to spot and analyze customer needs and trends. This was essential in creating and implementing marketing plans for all types of clients to build their online presence, clarify marketing efforts and grow their businesses.
- Consulted and helped over 100+ different companies, brands and initiatives globally, including: (GORE-TEX, Uncharted Supply Co. (as seen on ABC Shark Tank), Casio, Casio America, doTERRA, Better Business Bureau of Central Ohio, Mathnasium Franchises, Gardein, Udi’s, The Association of Boarding Schools, Almond Board of California , National Academy of Sports Medicine, Molly Maid Franchises, Lemon Law Group, Women’s Foundation of Minnesota (Super Bowl Campaign to fight sex trafficking)) and in verticals such as (Car Dealerships, Dental, Hair Transplants, Law Services, Retirement Communities, Body Sculpting and Local Businesses), either from conception or to optimize and reverse under performing client accounts, (this was done on a daily basis for over 2 years).
- Helped clients set proper visions and strategy to reach the right people, at the right time.
- Responsible for growing and scaling businesses by educating and consulting with agencies and clients directly.
- Reported latest beta, new feature updates and account strategy ideas based on Google’s best practices
- Managed Escalations and Client Expectations in a Respectful and Professional Manner
- Engaged with advertisers proactively, via phone, video conference and email to provide strategic advice and help Agencies optimize their clients’ advertising strategies by working closely with them in a consultative role.
- Ensured a cohesive, positive and valuable experience for business owners, sales team and account managers
- Led sales and product training to generate quality traffic and quality leads to increase ROI
- Coached best practices, set tailored performance goals based on agency and client needs
- Developed and prepared high value proposals by conducting keyword, product and market research from scratch to help agency contacts pitch and win new AdWords clients
- Provided high-caliber client service, research and market analysis.
What I Optimized:
- Evaluated client campaigns and landing pages and advised marketing, sales, and web development teams on how to optimize them to achieve business goals; whether it be to increase traffic, quality leads or sales
- Quality Scores, Ad Rank, Conversion Rates, Cost per Acquisition, Cost per Conversion, Return on Ad Spend, Lead Quality, Engagement Rates and overall Ad Spend by performing in-depth account audits and landing page audits, along with delivering easily understood , custom-tailored reports and summaries outlining areas of missed opportunities
- Conversion tracking, attribution models, audience target segments, creative direction, marketing strategies, campaign/account structures, messaging, ad copy, bids, budgets, location targeting, bid adjustments, rotation settings, and bidding strategies based on unique client goals and specific industry trends to increase ROI
Where I Excelled:
- Managed largest book in the AdWords Ma3 (Managed Agency 3) Program Globally, generating over $16M in annual revenue, resulting in 49% YoY Growth
- Delivered against assigned business goals, while prioritizing and delivering outstanding customer sales experience to Google’s advertisers while Meeting Google’s Quarterly Role-Specific KPIs, Revenue Goals and Sales Targets while Exceeding Quarterly Targets with high conversion rate:
- Q2, 103% to goal, ranked #11 in the SMB MA3 program
- Q3, 114% to goal, ranked #9 in the SMB MA3 program
- Q4, 182% to goal, first to meet goal with with still 1 month left in the quarter, ranked #1 in the SMB MA3 program, #1 in America, and #1 Globally, out of 197 other account strategists
- Q1, 123% to goal, while managing largest book in our SMB program ($4M Book of Business), out of 227 total Book of Businesses
- Managed campaigns and budgets ranging from $30/day to $3,000/day
- Establishing trust in a very short amount of time with advertising agency contacts; from CEOS, Marketing Directors to Senior Developers, New Account Managers and Interns
- Developed resources, spread sheets, and documents to streamline daily tasks so that other reps on the floor could focus on driving client and company results in addition to meeting their individual performance metrics.
- Coached under-performing reps to meet their individual performance metrics by observing and creating a strategic plan tailored to their specific strengths and clients
- Helping agencies develop short term and long term goals by creating realistic road maps so that they can better achieve their visions
- Producing & delivering data-driven presentations and reports that highlighted and informed stakeholders of priority issues while providing further education on how to get the best out of AdWords
- Communicating with Google internal teams to ensure top-notch, high quality customer service
- Technical Expertise in leveraging Google’s internal tools and external resources such as: Think With Google, Page Speed Insights, Salesforce, GreenTea (CRM), Sales Hub, Reporting Tools, Clear Slide, Zoom, Google Apps (Google Docs, Sheets, Hangouts, Forms), etc to provide professional and well thought out solutions.
- Facilitating productive conversations with top marketing and sales executives and their CEOs to accelerate new business acquisitions meanwhile growing total revenue via existing clients
- Developing, planning and building Google Search, Google Display Network, YouTube, Dynamic Search, remarketing and mobile-specific campaigns from scratch which included conducting keyword research, determining profitable budgets, bids, location, device and advanced targeting settings; evaluating vertical trends and completing competitive analysis; writing relevant ads and ad extensions, configuring ad rotation and ad schedules, pointing campaigns to relevant landing pages in a very timely manner.
Thank Yous from Agencies:
- “Hi Duyen,Thank you for the great call! I’m learning handfuls of new optimization strategies and best practices, and I really appreciate all the help and patience! ”
- ”Duyen, It has been a pleasure working with you the last five months. I have learned so much from your expertise and our clients have benefited from the advice you have given. Thanks for everything.”
- ”Hi Duyen, Thank you very much for working with us on this account and sharing valuable resources. I am sorry that you are leaving and will miss you.”
- ”Thanks for the update Duyen! You were definitely one of the better reps I’ve talked with at Google. Good luck in your new endeavors!”
Impact after Implementing Tailored Account Level Insights:
- “I made those changes you recommended and it is running much better – we are getting the same amount of leads for less money which is great.” – Google Partner CEO & Founder
- What was your experience like working with Duyen? “Great! She was very quick in setting up accounts when we needed them and they were always spot on.” – Digital Media Supervisor
- Was Duyen able to provide relevant solutions and insights based on your Agency needs? “Yes, she took the time to look at each account individually so she could give specific insights to the accounts. She was able to save us a lot of time by helping set up a few bigger accounts.” – Digital Media Supervisor
- How would you rate the quality of service and support you received from Duyen? How does that level of service compare to others you’ve worked with in the past? “10 out of 10. Much better than our last rep.” – Digital Media Manager
UnDelay Inc. Phoenix, AZ
Digital Marketing & Software Technology 06/2015 – 01/2016
Digital Marketing Specialist (Social, Content, SEO, Design, & Lead Gen)
What I Provided:
- Copy editing – Proofread and edited internal communications, ghostwrote articles, white papers & blogs
- Audience Targeting – Built customer segments using CRM Intercom
- Lead Gen/Prospecting – Used Socedo, an automated lead generation tool to target social leads; helped optimize messaging and keyword targeting strategy to increase website conversions (blog subscriptions and beta sign ups)to grow the company’s user following and grow company’s pipeline
- Email Marketing – Created, designed and tested original email templates including marketing and sales copy in Aweber and MailChimp for email campaigns; maintained and organized bulk subscriber lists in Excel and Google Sheets; personalized auto-responders and created custom audience segments
- Quality Assurance and Conversion Rate Optimization – Tested the company’s website, blog, landing page platform and published campaigns as an actual user; addressed certain usability issues and provided critical feedback and documented and reported bugs to the development team to fix
- New Business Development – Learned Webinar Jam Studio, brainstormed topics, and prepared training docs for Webinar hosts and speakers to use in our Acquisition Strategy
- SEO and Blog/Website Admin – Configured and maintained company blog using WordPress and GitHub; researched and tested WordPress plugins to optimize user experience and increase conversion opportunities
What I Optimized:
- Company and employee online presence on LinkedIn, Google+, Facebook, Tumblr, About Me, Quora, Twitter
- Spending – Identified company bottlenecks and eliminated unnecessary spending via strategic sourcing
- Organization; Developed new company file-management and data-storage system using Google Drive
- Company Branding – Collaborated with lead graphic designer to create brand color guide for company use
- Automation- Recommended and Implemented New automated login processes via password encryption app;
- Software Project Management – initiated,developed and implemented a new QA bug-reporting protocol in Trello that was well received by all developers and approved by CEO. Created a new process to manage multiple ongoing projects that could easily be tracked, documented and measured, all in one place.
- Social Media Marketing – monitored social trends, user needs and activity; used Crowdfire to weed out irrelevant audience targets, pinned popular posts to the top of social media profiles to leverage the power of good, well-received content. Leveraged Sniply on popular content, driving social traffic to website
- Used Buffer to schedule content at optimum times to maximize reach and to control posting frequency
Where I Excelled:
- Implemented and advised company about SEO/SEM best practices for our content and video marketing strategy; created content around user-intent, and optimized sites for multi-device performance
- Wrote new marketing copy for marketing campaigns, improved messaging, and decided on proper creative assets to drive traffic to main sales funnel on homepage and specific campaign landing pages
- Developed content ideas, compiled extensive research, prepared and managed online content for multiple publishing platforms such as WordPress, LinkedIn Pulse, Quora, and Medium
- Content Curation – used BuzzSumo, Delicious and Scoop.it to collect and organize relevant, actionable, and quality content for batch scheduling; optimized all social posts with proper hashtags, creatives, mentions and tagged all shared links with proper UTM tracking parameters for Google Analytics and reporting purposes
- Used Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, created website flows and designed and optimized graphics for marketing, social media platforms and AdRoll campaigns such as banners, video titles and pop-ups
- Created and Implemented a written content marketing and promotion strategy to increase brand awareness and thought leadership to generate targeted leads which entailed developing strategy proposals, editorial calendars, content schedules, and identifying key industry experts and influencers to help the company scale
Sequence Media Group Scottsdale, AZ
Video & Content Marketing Firm 01/2015 – 04/2015
Marketing Specialist – Contractor (Social, SEO, Email/Video Marketing, & Lead Gen)
What I Provided:
- Help form strategic marketing and content plans in weekly pipeline production meetings with CEO & staff
- Captured, prepared and edited professional studio photography stills to build visual library database
- Managed all of company’s online presence: WordPress, Squarespace, Google+, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram and Twitter with the goal of improving usability and growing our online network
- Account Management and Optimization – Managed client accounts on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and LinkedIn, wrote tailored posts, posted relevant content, updated copy to properly reflect company/brand goals
- Data Analysis – Completed weekly performance metrics report highlighting important key takeaways
- Identified growth opportunities for company leadership training and development
- Advanced technical support and consulting, plus desktop & mobile troubleshooting
- Implemented editorial schedule and managed list building and databases
What I Optimized:
- YouTube Videos with targeted keywords, created relevant playlists to improve viewer experience and increase general engagement, optimized video headlines, descriptions and tags for user reach and organic search rank
- Company website- Implemented crucial elements such as a contact form and referral section, driving website engagement and macro conversions
- Improved company messaging and branding across all platforms
- Social media posts- Optimized for direct responses and search engine ranking
Where I Excelled:
- Produced clear and concise correspondence for business executives, clients and partners
- Formulated and designed email marketing strategy and campaign from conception to completion; created email marketing campaign calendar and protocol to track and measure results
- Wrote and published weekly newsletters and features for mass email campaigns using Mail Chimp and custom-designed templates including graphic creation using Adobe Photoshop
Arizona PBS, KAET, Channel 8 Phoenix, AZ
Broadcast Programming, Media Production, Marketing 01/2010 – 09/2011
Public Affairs Broadcast Program and Production Coordinator
- Trained and Supervised a total of seven different interns by providing individual instruction, introducing various work flows & offering direction and guidance as necessary. As a result of my training and optimized work flows, new hires were able to act independently and confidently at a much faster rate than normal.
- Prepared & coordinated materials with the utmost attention for details so that television producers, anchors & production teams could successfully film and broadcast Horizon & Horizonte programs each night.
- Additional Production duties included: Greeting and escorting guests to their dressing room. Stand in as a Camera Operator when Needed. Providing time cues to Host and Director. Drafted and distributed font & show rundowns. Revised scripts for teleprompter and web.
- Transcribed transcripts for online video library
- Supplemented research for producers based on topics or upcoming show segments
City of Tempe Phoenix, AZ
Broadcast, Digital Media and Video Production 06/2010 – 12/2010
Tempe 11 Media & Video Production Intern
- Worked closely with (Channel) Tempe 11 producers serving the multimedia needs of the City of Tempe
- Designed CD/DVD labels, converted VHS’s to DVDs,
- Operated and Monitored Audio and Graphics and Video Switches for Live City Hall Board Meetings
- Shot b-roll footage for video content, edited videos using Final Cut Pro
- Created Graphics using Motion software
- Produced Short Station Promos by personally editing each video package for station & online distribution
Freelance Phoenix, AZ
Art, Photography, Design, Marketing, Content Production & Media Consultant 08/2008 – Present
Art, Graphic Design, Photography, Multimedia, Videography, Online Marketing
- Prepared, designed, edited and optimized digital media for web and print uses
- Shot and edited high resolution photos using professional-grade photography equipment
- Developed custom tailored multimedia content for blog and social media optimized by channel
- Produced, directed & edited HD video;exported, converted & distributed video on sharing platforms
- Developed, structured & directed concepts, scripts, shots & scenes for film and promotional uses
- Offered technology solutions and advice; provided production supervision & assistance
Creative Consumer Research Tempe, AZ
Customer Insights Services, User and Market Research 2007
Market Research Interviewer
- Conducted Market Research for clients through focus groups and interviews in person and over the phone
- Screened and recruited participants for consumer research studies over the phone
Milan Art Institute
Art Production and Art Business Mastery Program (2018 – 2019)
Coursework: Classical Drawing, Classical Oil Painting, Mixed Media, Business Management, Branding and Marketing
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Journalism and Mass Communication
Walter Cronkite School of Journalism – Phoenix, AZ
Coursework: Online Media, Broadcast Production, Photojournalism, Videography, Radio and Multimedia
Study Abroad at Universitat Pompeu Fabra
Hispanic and European Studies Program – Barcelona, Spain
Coursework: Spanish, History and International Journalism
McClintock High School
Graduated with Honors – Top 10% of Class – Tempe, AZ
Coursework included: Photography, Apparel Design
Google AdWords Certifications
Google Certified in multiple areas
- Search Advertising
- Mobile Advertising
- Video Advertising
- Display Advertising
- Analytics (In progress)
- Shopping Advertising (In progress)
Google AdWords Agency Program Q4 2017 Platinum Club Winner
Recognized For Superior Performance and Extraordinary Contributions Towards Company’s Growth
Google AdWords Agency Program Q3 2016 Platinum Club Winner
Recognized For Superior Performance and Extraordinary Contributions Towards Company’s Growth
Greg Crowder Memorial Photojournalism Award
Honorable Mention For Contest Entries. Judges included: Con Keyes, former photo editor of the Los Angeles Times, Mike Meister, photo editor of The Arizona Republic and Cronkite School Associate Dean Kristin Gilger
Nominated for Outstanding Student Organization – Distinguished Devil Awards
Nominees must have demonstrated excellence in each of the following areas: Contribution to the University/Community and Contribution to the development of its members.
Arizona State University Provost
Awarded $30,000 one of Arizona State University’s Prestigious Merit-based Scholarships for Academic Excellence
Google Program Senate Floor Rep (Nominated by Senior Managers and Employees)
Collegetown Executive Board Member (Recipient of 2011 CET ‘Excellence in Diversity’ Spring 2010)
Vice President of Associated Student Body @ ASU Downtown
Founding Member and Unity Club President
Elected as Senior Class President in HS
National Honor Society
Spanish Club Publicity Director
Section Leader Chamber Orchestra
Section Leader Symphony Orchestra
Elected as Freshman Class President in HS
National Junior Honor Society President
Omega Phi Alpha, (National Community Service Sorority)
Historian of ASU Keep a Child Alive
Arizona Students’ Association
Girl Scouts of the USA
Tempe Public Library
Project U Mastermind Facilitator
Anytown AZ Counselor
Thew Elementary School
Lodestar Day Resource Center
Relay for Life
Download Complete Resume with Full Skills Summary
Duyen P. Tran – Digital Media & Graphic Design – Complete Resume – 2019
Connect with me on LinkedIn